As we move into the second stage of resuming business in Alberta, and in order to keep our campers and staff safe and healthy as possible during the global pandemic, there have been a number of changes to our campground regulations.
Following Province of Alberta guidelines, as of June 19, 2020, all Municipal District of Bonnyville owned/operated campgrounds will be implementing changes based around Phase II. This includes opening up group areas, tent sites, washrooms/outhouses, fish cleaning stands, picnic shelters, beaches, and day use areas. Playgrounds were reopened in May. All of these facilities are “use at your own risk”. Washrooms and outhouses will be sanitized or cleaned as per provincial guidelines.
Campers will be responsible for their own water and sewer services. Our caretakers will have a list of contractors who will be able to fill up your water tanks and pump out your grey water.
• If you aren’t feeling well, please stay home.
• Group camping sites will be available to reserve. When booking, please keep in mind the need to continue to practice social distancing (six feet or two metres apart).
• Campers are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
• Site-to-site visits are discouraged, unless the site is occupied by immediate family members or cohort family as recommended by the Alberta Chief Medical Officer of Health.
• M.D. firewood sales will be available. Only credit or debit will be accepted as payment.
• M.D. campgrounds will not be accepting cash or cheques until further notice.
As always, it is up to you, our visitors, to camp responsibly during this time of COVID-19. You must maintain a social distance of at least six feet at all times, including when gathering outside in groups larger than 100 people. Please remember to wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
The above are based on provincial guidelines, and the M.D. appreciates the cooperation of our campers in following these regulations. Failure to do so, could result in your expulsion from the campground.
Updates to these regulations will be communicated through our website and our Facebook page.