The current fire rating has increased to very high within the Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87.
Due to drier than usual conditions and warmer weather the fire hazard level has increased. We are asking that everyone practice good fire safety during this fire hazard increase.
• Have safe campfires – attended at all times, use approved fire pits (where required) and ensure that the fire is completely out before leaving.
• Have a bucket of water or fire extinguisher - handy or available
• No open burning without the appropriate fire permit.
• Inspect your OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) and remove any debris that has built up near the exhaust.
• Do not carelessly discard cigarettes – they can cause fires. Ensure that your cigarette is extinguished and placed in the appropriate receptacle.
This information is provided to increase awareness of the current situation, if the situation does not improve, restrictions may be required.