ROAD BANS 2015
To limit the amount of damage to M.D. roads during the period of spring thaw, the following weight restrictions and timelines have been imposed by the M.D.’s Road Ban Committee.
As operators, you must make yourself aware of the load limits associated with the roads you drive. As the cost of road repairs is a principal concern to all ratepayers in our municipality, we ask that you assist us in minimizing the amount of damage.
The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87, being the road authority, may at its sole discretion ban any and all roads at any given time due to road deterioration.
We realize that some of our roads will deteriorate quicker than others due to many factors including high traffic flow, heavy loads, weather conditions, etc. We remind you that a discretionary road ban exists all year round on roads considered sensitive areas and may be posted with a specific weight restriction.
March 12 – April 30, 2015: Heavy traffic will be limited to 90 per cent or as otherwise posted of axle weight capacity on all M.D. roads, with the exception of the La Corey North Resource Road. No drilling rig movements will be approved on M.D. roads during this time.
May 1 - June 1, 2015: Roads will be regularly inspected to determine if the 90 per cent or as otherwise posted weight restriction should be strictly enforced or not. If the weather is fair and the roads are in good shape, the M.D. will remove roads bans on a road by road basis.
We wish to extend our thanks to you for the responsible use of our roads. Road Bans may be lifted sooner, if conditions permit.
Road Bans 2015
Township Road 610 – BAN AT 75%
- Between Range Road 460 and Secondary Highway 657
Township Road 604A – BAN AT 75%
- South of Summer Village of Bonnyville Beach and Range Road 470
Range Road 474 – BAN AT 75%
- South of Secondary Highway 660 and Highway 28
Baywood Road (Range Road 415A) – BAN AT 75%
- North of Township Road 630 to Township Road 632
Township Road 624 – BAN AT 75%
- Secondary Highway 881 to Range Road 4100
Township Road 644 – BAN AT 75%
- Range Road 473 to Range Road 475
Range Road 470 – BAN AT 75%
- Highway 55 to Township Road 630
Township Road 622 – BAN AT 75%
- Range Road 470 to Range Road 474
Range Road 455 – BAN AT 75%
- North of Railway Avenue and Secondary Highway 660
Township Road 630 – BAN AT 75%
- West of Cold Lake boundary to Saskatchewan border
Range Road 463 – BAN AT 75%
- Between Highway 28 and Secondary Highway 660
Hamlet of LaCorey - 50% ban
Township Road 604 – BAN AT 75%
- East of Secondary Highway 657 and Range Road 445