A Fire Restriction for the Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87, Summer Village of Bonnyville Beach, Summer Village of Pelican Narrows and Village of Glendon is effective May 26, 2023.
Under this restriction:
- Existing fire permits are suspended, and no new fire permits will be issued
- Safe wood campfires within fire rings in campgrounds are allowed
- Essential burning may be allowed with written permission from a forest officer or Fire Guardian
- All outdoor wood fires are banned on public lands, including backcountry and random camping areas.
- The use of fireworks and exploding targets are also prohibited.
- Safe wood campfires (including charcoal briquettes) on private lands and in provincial campgrounds.
- Backyard fire pits, charcoal briquette barbecues.
- Propane/ natural gas powered appliances.
- Indoor wood fires contained within a device with a chimney and spark arrestor.
- Cooking, warming and lighting devices – all devices must be CSA approved and used as per manufacturer’s standards.
Never leave a campfire unattended. Soak it, stir it and soak it again until cool to the touch to ensure it is extinguished. If you see a wildfire, report it immediately by calling 310-FIRE.
Please monitor www.albertafirebans.ca daily for any updates or changes.
For further information contact the Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority 780-826-4755.
Monitor Alberta Fire Bans for updates or sign up for the M.D.'s Voyent Alert! notification system by clicking here.