Permits and Applications
The Municipal District of Bonnyville requires permits to initiate developments, build, and conduct electrical, plumbing, gas, or private sewage systems. To develop a better understanding of how and why the municipal district requires permits, please download and view our brochure.
PLEASE NOTE: No new residential building permits will be issued by the municipality until builders acquire a New Home Warranty. As of February 1, 2014, every new home built in Alberta will require a New Home Warranty under Alberta’s New Home Buyer Protection Act. Read FAQs (PDF) about this new act from Municipal Affairs.
All six of the municipal district permit application forms are listed below. These forms are in PDF format and include interactive fields. To use the interactive fields, simply click the appropriate form, fill in the required fields, and then print.
Email (Payment options can be discussed by phone)
Deliver or Mail to (with appropriate payment):
Municipal District of Bonnyville Administration Office
4905 50th Avenue
Bonnyville, AB T9N 2J7
If you are having problems utilizing these online applications, please contact the Planning Department at 780-826-3171.
- Plumbing Permit (PDF)
- Private Sewage Application - Holding Tank Only
- Private Sewage Application - Open Discharge System
- Private Sewage Application - Treatment Field System
- Private Sewage Application - Treatment Mound System
- Regulatory Requirements for Surface Development (PDF)
- Road Approach Development Application
- Application to Waive Municipal Development Permit Fee